There are two academic departments at Kokopo Business College. One is the Diploma Studies Department and the other is TTC Business Studies Department. The Diploma Studies Department offers Diploma courses while the TTC Business Studies Department offers certificate courses.
Plans are underway for the college to have three to four departments.
Kokopo Business College Courses
Currently, the college offers five full-time Diploma programmes in Business Studies, two certificate courses, Diploma foundation studies and a range of short courses.
In 2009 the college introduces the National Certificate in Office Administration and Tour Guide on a modular basis followed by other courses on a modular basis in 2010.
The National Certificate is Competency-Based Training from levels one to six that will be conducted parallel to the existing programmes.
5 Recommended Colleges for 2021:
- Simbu Teachers College
- Gaulim Teachers College
- Madang Teachers College
- Sonoma Adventist College
- Port Moresby Technical College
Diploma and certificate courses
The Diploma Studies Department offers a Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting), a Diploma in Business Studies (Office Administration) and Diploma in Business Studies (Computing), a Diploma in Business Studies (Management), and Diploma in Hospitality Management.
The duration of the course is two years for all diploma-level courses. Students complete four stages in order to be awarded a Diploma in Business Studies.
A Certificate in Higher Technical Education in Business Studies is conveyed to students who successfully pass stage two of the course.
Jobs and Training offered at Kokopo Business College
The courses offered here are targeting middle levels jobs in the public and private sectors. After completing these courses students are employed. The new employees are placed on the job as a starter undergoing training on the job and later they can be placed in high-level positions.
Some examples of starter’s job categories that our courses are focusing on include the following:
- Accounting Courses — Accounts Clerks, junior Accountants, Account Payable clerks, Cash Book clerks, Payroll Officers, Inventory Controllers, creditors/debtors clerks etc…
- Management — Marketing & sales executives or representatives, warehouse house clerks, Logistics officers, procurement officers, Human Resources officers, Recruitment officers, supervisors, trainee Managers and other broad job categories.
- Office Administration – Receptionists, executives secretaries, Sales & Marketing Representatives, Purchasing Officers, Warehouse clerks, Production Planners, Human Resource Personals, etc…
- Business Computing — Software techniques, Computer software consultants, junior computer programmers, data entry clerks, business analysts etc.
- Hospitality and Tourism – Tour Guides, Travel Agents, Air Stewards and Hostesses, Waitress, Cooks, Hostel attendees, supervisors, trainee managers, airline ticket officers etc.
Kokopo Business College Acceptance list 2023
- The non-school leavers who applied straight to Kokopo Business College will have to check the college for the non-school leaver’s acceptance list 2023.
- As for the Grade 12 school leavers who applied through the National Online Application System (NOAS), check the higher education website for the DHERST Acceptance List 2023.
Contact Kokopo Business College
How to get a Kokopo Business College application form?
- Ask a friend/family in Kokopo to go to KCB and get an application form for you.
- Contact a student of KBC on Social Media and ask him/her to help you.
- Contact a Lecturer, tutor, registrar or employee of KBC to help you out.
- Visit Kokopo Business College and get an application form.
General info for school leavers and non-school leavers
- What is the CUT-OFF GPA for this year?
- Can I submit my college Application Online too?
- Who can I contact to know my 2023 Kokopo Business College Acceptance list/status?
- From your experience, when will the Kokopo Business College 2022 Non-school Leavers selection list come out?
- What can I do if I am not selected?