Non-school leavers who want to apply to Lae School of Nursing for 2023, the application is NOW ONLINE. PNG Insight understands that in the past the nursing college used to accept the application form in PDF. However, the Lae School of Nursing is now going online. They have a brand new website and are accepting applications online.
The best thing to do is to apply online.
How to apply to Lae School of Nursing for 2023?
The information below is all you need to know to apply successfully as a non-school leaver (NSL). Read on to find out.
To apply to Lae School of Nursing:
- Visit this URL (It will take to you the college’s website) https://www.laeschoolofnursing.com/non-school-leaver-online-application
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ Button
- Fill in the Google Form & complete the application for 2023.
Requirements to Apply online to Lae School of Nursing
- All applicants must have a Gmail account in order to access the online application. You can create one if you don’t already have one. This is so we can automate immediate confirmation notifications to your Gmail account as well as store your data for future reference concerning applications. If you are not already signed in to your Gmail account, you will be asked to before you can fill in your online application
- Only one application per Gmail account. After you submit it, you will not be able to submit another application.
- However, you will be able to edit your submitted application for the remainder of the application duration. Meaning that when the application closes, you will not be able to do any edits to your application
The Closing Date of the Online Application is 17th July 2022
Nursing Program at Lae School of Nursing
The Lae School of Nursing offers three (3) a year’s Diploma in General Nursing.
The course curriculum is based on PNG Nursing competency standards as a benchmark which a student must achieve in the following areas of knowledge, skills and attitudes.
During the first two (years) of training, year one and two students are sent to urban clinics, Angau hospital and rural communities to gain clinical experiences.
In the third year of study, students do their clinical practices at Angau Memorial General Hospital and Lae urban clinics. For rural block practicums, students are usually sent to rural health facilities in Morobe, Madang and highlands Provinces for 8 weeks.
The academic program in a year has two semesters. Semester 1 begins in February and ends in June and 2nd semester begins in July and ends in November.
Teaching and learning facilities
The campus has teaching and learning facilities which have, two-story buildings; one located on the southern end caters, on the 2nd floor has three lecture rooms and the ground floor has two practical laboratories and a tutorial room.
The second academic building, on the 2nd floor, caters for a library, ICT, conference room and post-graduate midwifery course practical and lecture rooms and academic staff office.
On the ground floor, it has a kitchen & dining hall, administration office and academic staff office.
Lae School of Nursing Acceptance list 2023
The acceptance list for Holy Trinity Teachers College for non-school leavers and school leavers will come out before the academic year starts.
- The non-school leavers who applied straight to Lae School of Nursing will have to check the institution for the non-school leavers acceptance list 2023.
- As for the Grade 12 school leavers who applied through the National Online Application System (NOAS), check the higher education website for the DHERST Acceptance List 2023.
If you have any questions, check out this link
for information on selection dates and acceptance lists for tertiary institutions in PNG.
About Lae School of Nursing
The Lae School of Nursing is an affiliated college with the PNG University of Technology. It was established by the Australian Government under the Ministry of Health in 1964.
From 1965 up to 1980, it ran several different nursing programs:
- Nurse Aid Training and Hospital nursing,
- Community health nursing,
- Community health worker training, and
- Certificate in General Nursing.
In 2001, Lae School of Nursing upgraded the Diploma of Nursing to the GN certificate program. The first intake for the Diploma of General Nursing was in 2002.
In 2004, LSoN transferred the course program to PNG Unitech and the first Graduates were in 2005 after the Students successfully completed three years of studies. The Diploma of General Nursing qualification was conferred by PNG University of Technology Lae.
The school is situated 30 meters away from the main town shopping Centre and 30km from the Nazab airport (Lae) and three minutes walk down steps to Angau Memorial Hospital.
This information is compiled for non-school leavers wanting to study at Lae Nursing College next year. For more information please visit the college’s website.