The higher education department (DHERST) launched the Grade 12 National Online Selection on the 21st of December 2022. Grade 12 students can view their selection status via the NOAS. But, what does the launching mean; and when will DHERST publish PNG Tertiary Selection Lists PDF for 2023?
DHERST’s PNG Tertiary Selection Lists 2023 Release Date
Dec 2022 UPDATE: PNG Insight updated this article since DHERST released the non-school leavers and school leavers selection lists for 2023. You can download the 2022 PNG universities NSL & SL Selection Lists PDF for the 2023 Academic Year via this link.
DHERST launched the Grade 12 selection Lists for 2023 on the 21st of December 2022 according to the important dates for Grade 12 students.
|Students apply for tertiary programmes||Monday, 5th September 2022 – Friday, 9th of December 2022|
|Grade 12 national examinations||Monday, 17th October – Friday, 21st October, 2022|
|NOAS Grace Period||Monday, 12th December – Thursday, 15thDecember 2022|
|Launching of 2022 selection for 2023 academic year||Wednesday, 21st December 2022|
Importantly, the 2022 Tertiary Selection Lists for 2023 are out but the TESAS list for students on PNG government HECAS and AES will be before the academic year starts.
Here is what DHESRT said about the PNG government scholarships, TESAS and HELP…
The TESAS list will be published on the 3rd week of January 2023 and the TESAS Scholarship Offer Letter will be provided to the TESAS awardees by DHERST through your respective NOAS account. If you find your name under a TESAS scholarship (AES or HECAS) category, make sure to access your NOAS account to accept the terms and conditions of your TESAS scholarship. DHERST website, acessed 22 Dec 2022.
DHERST TESAS (HECAS & AES) Lists 2023
To give you an idea about the Grade 12 New Intake TESAS Students PDF Lists, take a look at the past release dates:
Academic Year – TESAS List Date Published
- 2023 – YET TO BE RELEASED (date pegged to 3rd week of January 2023)
- 2022 – published on the 11th of January 2022
- 2021 – published on the 27th of January 2021
- 2020 – published on the 19th of December 2019
- 2019 – published on the 18th of December 2018
You can see that in 2019 and 2020, the Grade 12 New Intake Lists to PNG Tertiary Institutions came out in December whereas the 2021 and 2022 PDF lists came out in January. There was a change in the secretary for DHERST and ‘things went on a rough patch there’.
But generally, the New Intake and Non-school leavers lists come out in December whereas the TESAS (HECAS & AES) Award Lists come out in January of the following year.
Here are the school leavers and non-school leavers selection lists released by DHERST on the 21st and 23rd of December 2022:
- PNG Universities Selection Lists
- All Teachers Colleges Selection Lists
- Technical Colleges Selection Lists
- Business Colleges Selections Lists
DHERST NOAS Online Status vs. PNG Tertiary Selection Lists for 2023 (1)
Here are 5 points that students, parents and guardians should know as they check their names on National Online Selection System (NOAS).
Students can view their selection STATUS through their individual National Online Application Accounts. The 2022 Grade 12 students should use their NOAS login details to access their accounts and confirm their selection status for the 2023 academic year.
By now the students should know if they are selected for a tertiary institution. This is the final outcome of your School Leaver’s Choice on the National Online Application System.
If you have questions about the 2022 Grade 12 student selections for 2023, check this article.
The selection status on DHERST National Online Selection System is ‘provisional’ before the final PNG Tertiary Selection Lists for 2023 comes out. That means two things:
- first, the HEI will send you an offer letter, also called the acceptance letter, to confirm your placement with the institution; and
- second, DHERST will formally publish your name on the 2022 Grade 12 selection list PDF on its website.
What should you do if you are selected? (2)
- Are you on TESAS (AES, HECAS)?
- Will you be a SELF-SPONSORED student?
- When are you likely to see your name on the 2022 DHERST selection list?
- When is the 2022 REGISTRATION and ORIENTATION WEEK?
- Should you inform your institution that you’ve accepted that offer?
DHERST new Grade 12 data (3)
For the 2022 Academic Year, there were
- 31, 817 students were nominated to sit the exams;
- 26,544 students certified;
- 16,171 total HEI quota ;
- 10,373 Grade 12 students will NOT be selected for 2022 HEI studies.
Important Announcement from DHERST 2022 (4)
- Your (Grade 12 Students) data from the MyNOAS data field has been forwarded to the Higher Education Institution that selected you. The HEI will communicate directly with you to inform you about the specific details of the institution, including how to accept your offer.
- Note that the response contained therein (in the NOSS) is not an admission confirmation. You should expect to receive official notice through an admissions offer letter directly from your Higher Education Institution (HEI).